whiplash – upload probs

by admin on 15/04/2006

in Admin, Whiplash

whipup

it seems a few people are having problems uploading their link. This is an internet explorer problem – the popup window isn’t displaying properly in IE. We are working on this, we do try to test everything in IE first but this one just slipped through. I would urge you to switch over to Firefox, not only is it better but also more secure. If it is not fixed by tomorrow you can email me your link and I will put it in. In the meantime though try downoading firefox (either at firefox.com or through the firefox button on this site).

Another query was with the button. It really is not complicated I promise. So simple – just cut and paste the code that appears underneath the button you want and paste it into your post – there is no html coding required.

Any more probs please comment or email –

Update- The IE problem has been fixed, so you can now upload your whiplash links with Internet Explorer, but hey, get firefox, it really is so much better. –whipup tech support

1 Donni April 15, 2006 at 7:17 am

The only problem I had with the button was that it was too big for my side bar…anyway you can do a slightly smaller one? (Cause you have nothing better to do than fix a button for me ;) – not!

2 admin April 15, 2006 at 11:46 am

feel free to resize the button to your needs

3 shine April 17, 2006 at 12:20 am

hi admin–

i’ve posted 2 links on the competition sidebar. my first attempt was a link to my image as it appears on flickr. i resubmitted a second link because i realized my first link did not describe the project nor the challenge. as you review the entries, you’ll see that both links feature the same project. please read the descriptions and check out a link to an additional view of the competed project included in my second post.

thanks very much for understanding my minor techical difficulties!!

shine

4 debbie April 17, 2006 at 2:52 am

I am hoping this is an ok alteration….my Whiplash button is posted in my sidebar because I’m either a moron and can’t figure out how to put a link in my post or my blog is so crappy it’s all its fault. Hope this won’t keep me out of the game.

5 jenfullmoon April 17, 2006 at 10:54 am

Um, I don’t understand at all how I am supposed to be posting. I registered and logged in, but I’m told that I don’t have permission to access any of the links, and I don’t even see any link that specifically says to go here to post for the competition. If I am supposed to be getting some kind of popup, it’s not showing up on IE or Mozilla.

God, I’m stupid.

6 shimelle.~* April 17, 2006 at 6:25 pm

heya — no problems on my end but needed to email you and couldn’t find a link to that effect (could just be me being blind and/or stupid).

i’d love to donate a prize for whip-up — could you email me and i’ll make sure you approve then send it to you.

cheers!

7 Corinne April 27, 2006 at 12:44 am

Hey all – Unfortunately, I’m not that crafty, but my friend is and she pointed me to this site. I noticed that you were talking about Firefox and how great it is. I’m an avid user of firefox and agree that it is better than IE. I’m trying to get more people to try Firefox. Check out my website at http://www.firefoxies.com and submit and photo or vote for a friend. Feel free to e-mail me at corinne@firefoxies.com with any questions.

Thanks!