whiplash week 3 finished

by kath_red on May 2, 2006

in Whiplash

whipup

Ah another whiplash over. Love all the entries and can’t wait to see who has won.

What do you, readers think? who was the best, the funniest, the one that most represented the theme?

1 Kristin La Flamme May 2, 2006 at 4:46 pm

Snapping Sweater gets my vote for the best representation of the theme–nothing says NO FEAR like a kid facing down a scary dog. I love practical things though, so Poke Your Eye Out gets my humor vote.

2 Ketutar May 2, 2006 at 5:14 pm

I like all of them – so much talents and insights. I think everyone had a great idea and some of them were really hilarious. So choosing the winners is not going to be easy – anyone who wins has deserved it :-)

After long thinking, I am going to give my vote to Regina’s No Fear Clock, Dorie’s Jolly Stitcher and Jhoanna’s Love’s Release.

Of course I wish my own entry wins, because I would really love to get “Visual Chronicles” LOL

3 Sandra May 2, 2006 at 6:14 pm

My total favorite is “Nobody’sDarling” by twostraightlines!
“Joan of Arc was so hot” is a close second, because of the humor and quirkiness.

4 Susan at artstream May 2, 2006 at 6:33 pm

I loved Regina’s clock and Dafur amongst many others, but Two Straight Lines made me cry. It was a lovely tribute and fabulous piece. The no fear parts of it were fantastic. … her mom AND the part I could relate to was cutting into the fabric. I looked at a piece of lace my great aunt made all weekend to make something from and I just.couldn’t.do. it!

5 elisabethaugusta May 2, 2006 at 6:37 pm

I really like the Phobia pins and the No fear toilet seat. Still my vote goes to Fearless Joan of Arc. It is wonderful.

6 FlawedMaude May 2, 2006 at 7:52 pm

My fav was “Sure it Hurts”. It is very beautiful and very touching.
“Nobody’sDarling” and “Joan of Arc was So Hot” are also very good.

7 Jessica Hood May 2, 2006 at 8:10 pm

So many favorites this week. I love the Jolly Stitcher tshirt & the Phobia pins. I also think Sure it Hurts was a very brave entry. Regina’s altered clock is beautiful, as is Love’s Release. Those were probably my 2 ultimate favorites. So hard to choose! Many talented people :)

8 Rose May 2, 2006 at 9:49 pm

My picks are “Be Nobody’s Darling” and “No Fear Toilet Seat”. (I forwarded the latter to the women in my office and many replied that they had “trained” their husbands and sons so this wasn’t a problem for them!)

Many beautiful and moving entries.

9 escheva May 2, 2006 at 10:07 pm

I love the humour of the “no fear toilet seat”, the sincerity of “Be Nobody’s Darling” and the whimsy of the altered clock. These are the 3 that I could identify with most, but all of the entries this week were amazing in their own right!

10 Kat May 2, 2006 at 11:12 pm

My favorite has to be the Nobody’s Darlign Pillow…great sentiment & a great piece!

11 Robyn May 2, 2006 at 11:32 pm

My favorites were Love’s Release and the Phobia Pins.

12 shiso mama May 2, 2006 at 11:46 pm

I love “Be Nobody’s Darling” because it’s such a personal, heartfelt piece, yet it’s also such a beautiful work to look at, even if you don’t know the meaning behind it. Lots of great work all around.

13 Jen May 2, 2006 at 11:49 pm

I love Nobody’s Darling and the Fearless Joan of Arc. They both really capture the ‘no fear’ sentiment… although all the entries were great!

14 rebecca May 3, 2006 at 12:18 am

Love the Joan of Arc. That so kicks NO FEAR up a notch!

15 domesticali May 3, 2006 at 12:31 am

Nobody’s Darling – Two Straight Lines. It really sang out.

16 andrea from the fishbowl May 3, 2006 at 12:34 am

I think the best one was Nobody’s Darling … it was a lovely tribute to her mother and her craft was really executed as well.

17 laffers May 3, 2006 at 1:24 am

my vote is for nobody’s darling as well. the pillow was lovely and what a beautiful tribute to her mom.

18 Screever May 3, 2006 at 1:25 am

Fearless Joan of Arc wins, hands down. Even for those whose inner calling doesn’t put them in danger of prison or getting burned at the stake, facing what you were “born to do” can be daunting.

No Fear Dress Form comes in a close second – after all, where is the woman who doesn’t cringe at least a little bit at the thought of looking at the real shape of her own body!

19 sarah May 3, 2006 at 1:56 am

Favorites:

Fearless Joan of Arc

No fear clock

fearless hound

Congrats to all! Can’t wait to see who the lucky winner will be. : )

20 mo May 3, 2006 at 2:27 am

I love the jolly stitcher t shirt!

21 Jeanne May 3, 2006 at 2:43 am

I vote for Jolly Stitcher a big reason being I get to wear it:-)

22 bekka May 3, 2006 at 7:58 am

nobody’s darling was my favorite.

23 Sooz May 3, 2006 at 8:26 am

Such super entries yet again!

I would have to go with the ‘snapping sweater’ , yet I liked the little ninja doll and the phobia pins too.

24 bitterbetty May 4, 2006 at 8:15 am

Have to give my vote to Nobody’s Darling.
Beeeauutiful.