tutorial, anyone?

by craftapalooza on May 3, 2006

in Paper+Mixed Media, Resources

As we all know the internets is full of useful FREE stuff. Yep everyone’s ears have pricked up haven’t they! FREE. Whether or not we’ll say it out loud we love free stuff!

No, no, keep your knickers on. No free stuff here, not unless you’re game enough to enter the whiplash competition.

What we’re talking about are tutorial’s. Yes peeps I have my tutorial crown on, bring it, I hear you yell.

You ready?

Probably my favourite, Mediatinker’s tetrapouch

Mediatinker - Tetrapouch

A bit of starry origami via Little Purl of the Orient, and here at DLTK Craft for Kids

Allsorts has us in a spin

Via Joleen – How to make a paper lantern at Social Studies Fun

The following are all from flickr:

Very cute top pattern from Suzdeth
suzdeth's top pattern

Annivict – Paper purse

Santos – Fondant Totoro

Daveandami – How to make a pizza

Ultrasupergenius – Outdoor pottery (incomplete)

Jeffmilner - Multi colour screenprinting using embroidery hoops

Supamb – IPOD wallet

Ninacuneo – Stuffed felt monster

Perspicacious – Paper snowflake (not what you might be expecting!)

Deepfriedkudzu – Shell button necklace

Deepfriedkudzu - shell button necklace

Of course there’s Craftster, but there are too many tutorials to mention. Here’s a link to a search on the site

MAKE – bunch of stuff

Get Crafty – trawl through the forums and you’ll fiind a bunch of stuff

ReadyMade – DIY

Supernaturale – again, forums, lots of good stuff

I’m sure this is just the tip of the iceberg, if you guys have any links please leave them in the comments. Happy crafting.

1 Joleen May 3, 2006 at 1:12 pm

oh fabulous. i love a good tutorial! keep ‘em comin! :)

2 zib May 3, 2006 at 2:06 pm

Thank you for the excellent links! The felt monster will be a perfect weekend project to do with my kiddo.

3 Magfly May 3, 2006 at 4:59 pm
4 gkgirl May 3, 2006 at 5:08 pm

this is so exciting…
i just went thru the list
without even clicking on links
but had to comment on
how
EXCITING
this post is
hurrah!

5 Donni May 3, 2006 at 5:55 pm

What about this amazingly cool way to dye rovings…via I’m knitting as fast as I can….

6 admin May 3, 2006 at 7:17 pm

woo hoo fantastico

7 caro May 3, 2006 at 7:55 pm

How to make a circular needlecase for knitting needles n’ stuff: http://splityarn.typepad.com/split_yarn/2004/10/super_fun_circu.html

8 Andi May 3, 2006 at 10:42 pm

If you’re interested in ceramic beadmaking, I have some tutorial information on my webste at http://www.mysticspiral.com/beads/

Poke around the Tips and Tutorials page for info on handbuilding, common bead shapes, and how to carve a roulette to impress a repeating pattern into clay. http://www.mysticspiral.com/tips.html

9 ikkepagrasset May 4, 2006 at 12:07 am

Very exciting… as if I needed another reason to procrastinate!

10 rebecca May 4, 2006 at 12:20 am
11 Lisa May 4, 2006 at 1:41 am

Neat! Thanks, I’ll be bookmarking this post. My craft list has grown exponentially.

12 Scribbles & Bits May 4, 2006 at 3:57 am

I don’t want to seem like I’m bragging, but I made up a glass etching tutorial if anybody’s interested.

I have a couple of other tutes under “How’d She Do That?” and some recipes under “Hey Good Lookin’! Watcha Got Cookin?”

13 edgegallery May 4, 2006 at 5:49 am

I love this! I’m trying out the star one…it’s so pretty.

14 Leslie May 4, 2006 at 7:02 am

This is a favorite of mine…little felt birthday cakes:

15 rooruu May 4, 2006 at 9:30 am

I played with selvedges and offcuts to make an iPod shuffle bag:

Thanks for the great links and ideas.

16 han May 4, 2006 at 9:40 am

Check out Instructables – there’s often really interesting projects to be found on there, and you can upload your own tutorials.

17 rungirlrun May 5, 2006 at 8:12 am
18 rejiquar May 5, 2006 at 7:29 pm

This page has links to some tutorials, mostly about glass beadmaking, but also one on stringing, that may be of interest.

Unfortunately, they do assume some background knowledge.

sylvus tarn

19 Terry June 17, 2006 at 7:10 pm

This guy made a tutorial about making a tiny box out of dollar bills. It works! I did it!

20 Lisa July 5, 2006 at 6:12 pm

the Pizza site doesn’t work. says it’s a private page. :(

21 Alyssa Skye October 22, 2006 at 1:06 am

i’ve made up an easy, very-quick tutorial to make iPod socks. i know some people want the store-made ones; the ones that fit the iPod better… blah blah blah. but some, like me, want to MAKE stuff. because we’re crafty like that.
sooo i wish I could post a link, but I recently had to delete my blog because of technical issues… sorry, but here goes! (when I make a blog, i’ll post it here, just in case)
1. find a sock; any old sock. but i guess it’d be better if it had some kind of cute design on it
**i used thick, really-long, yellow-and-pink socks with piggies frolicking through the stripes =]
2. put your iPod into the sock, just in case it doesn’t fit (it usually does)
3. leave the iPod in the sock and cut several inches above the top of the iPod so that the excess material doesn’t get in the way of everything
**i cut about two-three inches above the top of my iPod min
4. carefully, mark with a Sharpie where the top of the iPod is
**i drew a carefully drawn line
5. (THIS IS CRUCIAL) slide your hand into the sock and very carefully cut JUST THE FRONT PART of the sock, up to the line, so the back part is longer than the front
6. sew a button on the front of the sock, somewhere so that the back part can reach it
7. cut a tiny slit on the middle of the long, back part and fold it over so that the button slides into the slit
AND THERE YOU’VE GOT IT! a homemade sock protective thing for your iPod/iPod mini/iPod nano!