keep your dish soap tidy

by thimble on 04/07/2006

in Sewing+Fabric

Do you ever feel like there’s just something not right in your kitchen? Like something is missing? Perhaps it’s because your dish soap is naked! But you can correct that problem right away, thanks to this fabulous pattern for dish soap aprons at supereggplant. So cute, and they really are functional, to keep your dish soap bottle from getting all drippy and sticky.

1 admin July 4, 2006 at 4:39 pm

these are so incredibly adorable – i think i will be making these this weekend

2 Catana July 4, 2006 at 8:22 pm

I hope those are meant to be a joke. Otherwise it’s the stupidest idea I’ve seen yet in the craft world. Aside from the look of it, which is easier, to quickly rinse the soap bottle when it drips or having to wash the aprons? I suppose ironing them is a requirement once they’ve been washed.

3 justjenn81 July 4, 2006 at 11:37 pm

I think those are so adorable! I will have to make one one of these days. I have saved the pdf file so that I can! :)

4 katie July 5, 2006 at 5:09 am

i think this is the world gone mad…. completely insane

5 thimble July 5, 2006 at 5:33 am

You know, something that I really like about the craft blogging community is that it is overwhelmingly positive and people are supportive of all kinds of creativity. I really hope it stays that way.

I think these are really cute, and meant to be somewhat whimsical and/or ironic, but are not a joke and are defintely not stupid. They are just fun. Perhaps not completely neccessary as you’ve pointed out, but still fun. I don’t think there’s any need to call other people’s ideas stupid, especially in a public forum. As my mother always taught me, if you can’t say something nice……

6 Catana July 5, 2006 at 8:19 pm

As usual… if you can’t say something nice keep your mouth shut. In other words, no criticism, ever, of anything. “Overwhelmingly positive and supportive” is just another euphemism for group-think. No wonder people start blogs and communities specifically for pointing out bad taste and design, and where you don’t get slapped down for honest opinions.

7 korinthe July 5, 2006 at 9:05 pm

Everyone’s entitled to their own sense of taste, and to respectful expression of it.

Personally I think it’s easier to rinse off a nekkid bottle… but I’ve seen stupider things.

8 cruststation July 12, 2006 at 3:10 am

How adorable, an apron for the washing liquid.