your craft room

by kath_red on 04/07/2006

in Community + Creativity

I recently rearranged my craft room/junk room and managed to get rid of some junk and organise my fabric and bits and pieces. I even threw out a whole heap of fabrics that I just know I would never use. But still even though the room is tidy it lacks any personality, any style, any creative input. What I need is something like this. Full of light, lots of space, organised with cute touches and a bright cheery atmosphere.

studio at twelve22

Alicia’s studio

more to be found at the flickr craft room group – some of my faves include this this and this. Go and get inspired. [via make]

Want a craft room but don’t know where to start – here are some tips

Please share your craft room secrets.

1 Dave Daniels July 4, 2006 at 9:58 pm

Thank you for this post! I especially enjoyed Alicia’s Posie. It looks so bright and cheerful. Lucky her to have such inspirational creative surroundings.

2 vegasandvenice July 4, 2006 at 10:11 pm

It is my firm belief that we all NEED this* smile*

3 Amber July 4, 2006 at 10:12 pm

When you no longer want or need crafty items what do you [and others] do with it? Donate? Gift it to a crafty friend?

I don’t have a craft room yet due to financial and space reasons, but these are inspirational! I love the combination of calming blues, pinks and whites.

4 lorinda July 4, 2006 at 11:09 pm

Share your craft room ideas? How about sharing your craft room? ;)

5 Kate July 5, 2006 at 6:12 am

I’m drooling with envy over the keyboard. Thanks for these links.

6 PinkPoppies July 5, 2006 at 8:26 am

Thanks for the links. Here’s one I really like. By the way I have no commercial interest in this site: I just love this section:

While the site is devoted to scrapbooking, the suggestions for organizing your work space are so varied and some are just brilliant. I reorganized all my threads by the rainbow rather than fibre content and it has made such a difference to my work. Thanks for a great site too.

7 Megan July 5, 2006 at 8:56 am

Those pictures make me so jealous! Sadly, there’s not much room in my apartment, so my living room is where most of my crafting takes place. Someday though, there will be a craft room!

8 Steph July 5, 2006 at 8:33 pm

I have to thank you. Although I’m more an painter these days than a crafter, these lovely studios inspire me to bring more order to my arsenal of supplies.

9 miliana July 5, 2006 at 11:58 pm

i love that diner-esque table, what a great incorporation! And those lanters! oh the shoes on the wall! haha yes i think i’m a fan of alicia’s craft studio.

10 Becky July 7, 2006 at 5:27 am

I would love to have a table I could stand at to cut fabric. Once my roommate moves out (and sadly takes with her the serger and 1932 White sewing machine [that I covert!]) I’m thinking of putting in some sort of table that is mounted to the wall and folds down when needed rather than cutting things out on the floor.

11 kelly July 7, 2006 at 8:14 am

I actually am reorganizing my craft room and did a whole series of reviewing organizing systems:
And I moderate pretty organized on flickr that has a bunch of cute ideas:

12 Esther July 11, 2006 at 2:33 am

Oh my gosh your craft room is like a work of art!! It’s so beautiful and cheerful!!! I love it. What is the brand/name of the wall color you used?? (If you don’t mind me asking) – it’s stunning!!