The Mother of All Mother Craft Sites

by Kim on 09/05/2007

in Home+Decor

Nursing Pillow

Jan Andrea’s Baby Crafts is a fantastic source for baby sewing projects: carriers of all kinds including ring slings, pouches, mei tais, ring wraps and all their variations; nursing pillows, sleep sacks, crib sheets, diaper bags, and chair covers. There are also instructions for converting regular sewing patterns into maternity patterns and altering regular bras and T-shirts into nursing wear. Her own patterns are free and shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. She also provides plenty of links to other people’s patterns around the web.

Baby Sling

(both images from Jan Andrea’s Baby Crafts website)

1 Beth May 9, 2007 at 9:00 pm

Five years ago, I made one of Jan’s slings for my third child. I was relatively new to sewing and had never used a sling before. I loved that sling. I used it for three years and it still sits in my craft room pining for more children it will not get to carry.

2 Laura May 10, 2007 at 11:31 am

I bought a sling from her, it is great, beautiful and well loved. And she is so wonderful to work with!

3 jan andrea May 10, 2007 at 11:11 pm

Thanks for your kind words and the link! My little sister just sent me your link :)

4 Lucy May 13, 2007 at 5:03 am

I love Jan’s site. It never fails, when I go looking for how something baby related is made, I end up at her site 9 times out of 10. She is the master. :o) Thanks Jan for sharing so much with so many of us. I have learned so much from reading your site.

5 liz May 14, 2007 at 5:01 am

Fantastic! Looking forward to making baby stuff! your timing is perfect

6 frances dillard September 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm

my grandaughter is having her third baby i want make her this swing
for breast feeding.i met a lady at the fair she had her baby in swing
she give your address ,
also do you have pattern for a blouse for feeding?

7 kath_red September 3, 2012 at 7:04 pm

you should contact the website directly with your questions: http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/index.html But it looks like her website has not been updated in a while.

here is a good pattern / direction for a feeding blouse: http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitchery/2006/05/overlap_nursing.htmlhttp://whipup.net/wp-admin/edit-comments.php