whiptips: babette blanket tutorial

by kath_red on 20/05/2007

in News+Letters

Whiptips craft advice column for readers to ask questions or offer advice by leaving comments. Whiptips archive here. Questions to whiptips@gmail.com.

Hi I wondered if any one had a pattern or tutorial for a crochet Babette Blanket, I am unable to find one on the net, and cannot find a Crochet Interweave Magazine anywhere in Western Australia! Thanks for your help.

Jen

Of course we don’t suggest any copyright infractions – however, if you are someone in a remote community without access to this particular pattern, perhaps you could try making good old fashioned granny squares in various sizes and joining them together in a random patchwork fashion.

1 Kathy Merrick May 20, 2007 at 11:43 pm

It’s not that I think that my Babette design is so original as to be unreproduce-able without the pattern in Interweave Crochet.
After all, everybody knows I was influenced and advised by my friend Kaffe.
But the pattern directions belong to Interweave–they paid for them handsomely.
That being said, I am fairly certain you can still get the mag from purlsoho.com or ask how to get it at interweave.com.
The Interweave folks are extraordinarily helpful.

Finally, it’s thrilling to me to know that folks like and want to make this project. Babette is thrilled as well.

2 Anina May 21, 2007 at 12:56 am

I found my copy on eBay, so you might want to look there as well. It’s still there – checked. Item no 200108633443. And she ships to Australia!

3 sooz May 21, 2007 at 2:01 am

I’ve just got a copy on order from Interweave.com – http://www.interweavecrochet.com/default.asp – look for back issues. They give you international postage costs when you get to pay (and can pay via paypal)

4 Andrea (noricum) May 21, 2007 at 3:20 am
5 HPNY knits May 21, 2007 at 5:43 am

knitty city in NYC has many copies of the magazine for sale at the original price:
I have the magazine. I’d love to have an online tutorial on the stitches.

6 2paw May 21, 2007 at 6:18 am

Dear Jen, my newsagent here in Tasmania orders in the Interweave magazines for me. I’m not an ardent crocheter, so I haven’t bought IC, but your favourite newsagent might be able to help.

7 ina and gumby May 21, 2007 at 6:34 pm

… hop on to the purlbee via purlsoho and they have a whole post about the babette blanket … kathy already mentioned purlsoho above …

… that should be helpful while you wait for your copy of the mag’ … happy days … mille baci …