Holiday Softie Awards
How to enter:
– Enter a softie in one of categories (see below) by uploading a photo of your softie to the flickr group.
– Open for entries Oct 1 and the last day to enter is Oct 31.
– Use the tags for your entry – see Softies Central under ‘Tagging’.
1. Deck the Halls – softie decorations like Christmas trees, ornaments, stockings, advent calendar, tree toppers, mistletoe, a snowflake mobile.
2. Animals Dressed for the Holidays – Cute animal softies. Dress them in their holiday best! You can also enter softies made with holiday-ish fabric. (doesn’t have to be red and green or have snowflakes, but could be festive or sparkly)
3. Doll Dress Up – doll softies dressed for the holidays
4. Under the Tree – Toy softies that aren’t animals or dolls. If you make a reindeer pulling a sled, put it here. If you make a reindeer with a holiday vest, put it in the Animals Dressed for the Holidays category.
5. Holiday Smorgasbord – softie holiday food: gingerbread, fruitcake, milk & cookies, turkey dinner, mashed potatoes, ham, Hanukkah gelt, latkes, etc.
6. The Nightmare Before Christmas – creepy/cute for the holidays – Halloween and Christmas
7. Let it Snow! - white softies only i.e. snowflake, polar bears, an all-white Santa. Softies must be at least 75% white. That means you can use other colors for trim, eyes, the inside of an oyster etc.
8. The Worst Gift I Ever Got! – Have fun with this one. Please include a note on this softie’s flickr page to tell us a little about this horrible gift!
9. Holiday Version of My Softie Book Softie – make any softie from Softies and dress it up, or otherwise make it holiday-ish!