boobie pillow

by kath_red on February 26, 2008

in Art+Design

I am not sure what to make of the boobie pillow (pattern here) – what do you think? (this version by Lauri on Ravelry)

1 Ros February 26, 2008 at 11:23 am

I think I’d have quite liked a cut tag for this one too. Seriously – where would you put this? It might raise an amused eyebrow or a brief smile, but I can’t imagine going to all the effort of making something that I’d never want on display in my house.

2 Junktique February 26, 2008 at 11:27 am

How funny! This would be a perfect gift for my bachelor brother!

3 Susan February 26, 2008 at 11:46 am

My 5 month old daughter would love this, and so would I, if it could mean tearing my own boobies away from her so that I could get something done while she naps.

I can see it now, her sleepy little head nestled inbetween a pair of knit boobs…while my own boobs are safely tucked away and I get 5 minutes to unload the dishwasher…

4 nicole February 26, 2008 at 11:47 am

love it!

and if people are so worried about seeing these things while at work, well it leads me to asking them, why aren’t they working instead of looking at craft blogs??

5 DanielleB February 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm

Exactly nicole…well said.

6 hilda February 27, 2008 at 4:55 am

I have unsubscribed from your blog roll. I realize my one little subscription doesn’t make or break you…but makes me sad that you are comfortable with making light of sacred things. And yes, I still believe some things are sacred. Shame on you.

7 James September 4, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Oh, grow up, Hilda!

8 Barb February 27, 2008 at 5:37 am

You find some wonderful and funny things. My husband and son nearly died laughing about the male genitalia and I love the boobies, too. What in the world is so offensive about the human body? Are feet offensive? You keep posting whatever tickles your imagination. Some of us will love it, some won’t like it. Some will unsubscribe and some of us will read it more faithfully. You’ve gotta be you. And thank you for making me laugh.

9 Jamie February 27, 2008 at 8:30 am

That actually looks quite comfortable! The head would be held stable between the breasts….actually this would be a great patten in any colour, not necessarily specifically made to look like breasts either.

And I can’t imagine anyone being offended by (crochet) breasts…

10 DIYscene.com February 27, 2008 at 11:09 am

So, are these the DIRTY PILLOWS that Carrie’s mom was referring to?

11 Elly February 27, 2008 at 11:32 pm

…. Everyone needs a bosom for a pillow!

12 mommy2onenn February 28, 2008 at 6:38 am

My breastfeeding son will love this!!

13 Peg February 28, 2008 at 9:20 pm

I could see this pillow on one side of the bed and a penis pillow on the other. Such fun!

14 patricia February 29, 2008 at 12:08 am

Hilarious!!

15 Ansley February 29, 2008 at 4:03 am
16 Kate March 23, 2008 at 3:09 pm

fantastic! My toddler is an absolute boobie man, he would probably love love love this pillow! Boobs are sacred in our house, and celebrated as the most perfect and convenient source of food and comfort for my kids. Why not celebrate them as a pillow???

17 margo February 2, 2012 at 11:38 pm

love it. keep them coming!!

18 Cheryl Godwin July 12, 2013 at 7:26 am

Made this for my sons 16th birthday and he loves it. He’s had it a year now and still shows everyone that comes over that hasn’t seen it before. He had this pillow prodly on display in his room!