fabric covered kitchen cupboards

by kath_red on 22/05/2008

in Home+Decor

I simply love the fabric covered kitchen cupboards at Tres Chic Veronique. And she shows us how she did it!

1 texcilla May 22, 2008 at 7:39 pm

very cute! looks easy too, much easier than paint!

2 Hilary S May 23, 2008 at 2:54 am

It does look cute, but I wonder how it will look after use – I kind of worry about dirt – my cabinets are painted, as you would expect, and I am constantly wiping off splashed sauce, baby food and dirt rubbed on by pets. I think this would be cute away from the stove, maybe, and if you could use one as a b-board.

3 kath_red May 23, 2008 at 5:06 am

I think it has a spray sealer over the top of it

4 Carol May 23, 2008 at 11:50 am

If you wanted to use a fabric that cleans up easy, oilcloth might work well for this project.

5 Tracy May 23, 2008 at 10:55 pm

Those are so beautiful.

6 Ketutar May 24, 2008 at 2:44 am

I’m right there with you… We have so much fatty stains in the kitchen that a simple spray sealer wouldn’t do – VARNISH wouldn’t do.
I think I could do this is living room or bedroom, perhaps even in the… er… what’s the part of the house called where you enter the home, hallway?

7 Anne-Marie May 27, 2008 at 11:08 am

I love this project – you could definitely spruce up a kitchen pretty easily with this.

8 amanda May 28, 2008 at 5:11 am

Ugh, all I can think is about the greasy dust that would settle on them. Our beautiful new glass vent hood is easy to clean, but needs it almost daily. Judging from the amount of grease that settles on it I can’t imagine what would collect on that (gorgeous!) fabric.

librarycollective.blogspot.com

9 Ketzirah Carly May 31, 2008 at 6:33 am

You all seem to have had the same thought I did, “How do you clean those?”

I wonder how it would work if you used oil cloth? That you could wipe down!

10 Barbara August 7, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I am going to try it using a shower curtain it should wash easily .

11 Carol Barringer March 30, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I’m wondering about the hardware. I don’t see the hinges; are they under the fabric, or are they the kind that don’t show on the outside? Even so, wrapping fabric around the door, especially a heavier type like oilcloth, puts a lot of material into a space that’s meant to be clear for the hinges to function — or wasn’t this a problem? Or what did you do about it?

{ 1 trackback }