Karen tagged me for a meme – so I thought I would take the opportunity to tell a little about the gal behind whipup. To read all the rules if you choose to participate go to Karen’s blog – but fairly simply – 7 facts about me – some strange and some not. Please leave a comment to introduce yourself with just one strange fact.
1. I have spent the best part of the past year renovating my house and living amongst rubble and dust.
2. I have two children who go to a local ‘slow’ community school, they love school so much that getting them to leave in the afternoons is a struggle.
3. Countries I have lived in for more than one year: China and England, and I really want to take the family to live in Spain for a while.
4. I was married in a rain forest with my daughter at my feet and my son in my belly.
5. I collect interesting shaped river pebbles, I love to feel their soft roundness and see them stacked or lined up neatly.
6. I wear jeans and berkenstocks nearly everyday.
7. We don’t have a tv, instead we read books to each other and play family computer games.
Don’t forget to take the buy handmade pledge these holidays.
YouCanMakeThis.Com’s “Thrifty Under 50” Challenge encourages A handmade holiday for Under $50: The goal of Thrifty Under 50 is not necessarily to have participants make all of their gifts for under $50, but rather challenge them to come up with new ways to make homemade gifts that will be appreciated, without spending much money. Blog
Melbourne Craft Cartel helps patch up economic woes: Alarmed by reports of the restrictive rental practices of shopping centre owners squeezing small independent traders out of business – Craft Cartel organised a ‘craft-in’ craft making session – to highlight the issue and encourage Melburnians to direct their shopping budgets towards those who need it most. “We want to give the community the message that if they really want to contribute positively to their [local] economy, they should forget the plasma tv and Buy Handmade and Buy Local this festive season.”
Inkubook are offering free shipping until 12 December: Enter code GIFTSHIP* during checkout to receive free standard U.S. ground shipping. This offer expires on 12/10/2008. Also inkubook has introduced calendars – Between now and December 31, 2008 you can buy one calendar and get a second copy of it for half price!
The latest issue of Down Under Quilts magazine is now online – have you signed up for your free subscription yet?