guide to Obama crafts

by kath_red on January 26, 2009

in Community + Creativity

row 1
1. Obama Hebrew chart from tikkuknits and the logo chart.

2. From black threads a free Obama redwork quilt block pattern

3. Machine embroidery pattern

row 2
4. Purchase African Obama commemorative fabric here.

5. Obama logo knitting chart.

6. Subversive Cross Stitch chart of Obama.

row 3
7. I heart Obama Hat - pattern here.

8. Obama sweater pattern and chart.

9. Fiber artists for Obama quilt project

row 4
10. Steel this sweater pattern book – Lisa Anne Auerbach Charted Patterns for Sweaters That Talk Back

11. Obama crochet finger puppet from Lion brand (need to sign in)

12. How to crochet Obama – chart included.

[many of these links have come from the Obama craft project website and flickr group, Crafters for Obama flickr group, whipup archives , Ravelry and black threads blog.]

1 mad January 26, 2009 at 10:38 am

I think that this is getting a little bit much. do you really want to turn this into a political blog, this is crazy I come here for creative ideas not to have a politician showed down my throat

2 kath_red January 26, 2009 at 6:57 pm

Hi Mad,
Politics is part of life and part of craft and while this will never be a political blog – it is difficult to ignore such a big event and an obvious interest in the craft world on this particular subject.

be well
Kathreen

3 TIGER January 26, 2009 at 10:40 am
4 aurora fox January 26, 2009 at 6:14 pm

these are fun! thanks for sharing them…

5 cindy January 26, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Good grief! I’m with Mad. I’m weary of all this Obama love.

6 Ann January 27, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Please remember that not all your blog visitors are Americans. The Obama crafts are completely uninteresting to the rest of us…

7 kath_red January 27, 2009 at 5:47 pm

Hi Ann
I understand – i am from Australia and even this far away – I can’t help but be infected. Don’t worry I am sure it won’t last long:)

8 Heather Hall February 15, 2009 at 5:27 am

Here is a bead-weaving pattern of the Shepard Fairey image on my blog:
http://tinybeadsofjoy.blogspot.com/2008/11/ill-be-wearing-smile-for-next-four.html Enjoy!

9 tracey July 22, 2010 at 8:26 pm

This is actually quite disgusting. Keep it fun, people. Obama’s popularity is at about 44%. Do you really want to associate this creative site which I LOVE to someone so pathetic whom I despise? Gosh, I hope not.

10 kath_red July 23, 2010 at 9:03 am

Keep an open mind to creativity of all types … that is what this site is all about!

11 Helen January 30, 2012 at 8:22 am

Came to this thread while catching up with all the hoo-ha that the body parts have raised. I’m from the UK, and Obama being elected was a big deal – although I’m afraid he hasn’t lived up to all the promises – come on US, you’re one of the richest countries in the world yet some of you can’t have the decency to vote to give up some of your wealth to help the poorest in your society. (Perhaps I would become upset if you showed a knitted ‘tea party’! Keep up the good work Kathreen – we all live in this world, we all are affected by politics and we all (or most of us) have ‘body parts’ and go to the loo!

{ 3 trackbacks }