Quilt for Obama: Debra Gabel

by kath_red on 31/01/2009

in Quilting

“President Obama: A Celebration in Art Quilts” : February 9 – March 5, 2009 at the Cafritz Art Center, 150 King Street, Silver Spring, Maryland (just outside Washington, DC).

This is a detail of Debra Gabel’s quilt which is one of the 40 Obama quilts which will be on exhibit.

obama-face-detail1

1 scotbrit January 31, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Seems you have an unhealthy obsession with this man! Every third or fourth post has his picture. All hail the messiah!

2 UPSET January 31, 2009 at 7:16 pm

I agree with scotbrit, this is getting too much I might just have to stop coming to whip up for a while. A Boycott of Whipup might be a good thing until they realize not everyone cares about this man.

3 kath_red January 31, 2009 at 8:09 pm

hey guys – lighten up
You have to admit that the workmanship in this quilt is amazing – but that’s it for now I promise

4 cindy February 1, 2009 at 12:55 am

Yeah, I agree with scotbriat and UPSET, this is getting to be too much. As far as the workmanship; so what? there are lots of quilts that are examples of great workmanship. Where are they on this blog? I will say this just one time: I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THE BO LOVE! Not everyone who reads this blog voted for him and we sure don’t want him crammed down our throats. We don’t have to read this blog and can certainly go somewhere else for craft inspiration

5 kath_red February 1, 2009 at 1:47 am

thanks everyone for feedback
Please see our quilt archive for examples of other fantastic quilts we have featured.

Kath

6 jess February 1, 2009 at 6:46 am

this is silly.

7 A. Far February 2, 2009 at 11:40 am

Everything BO is boring is already.

8 geomauldin July 8, 2009 at 11:38 am

Wow, I hear sour grapes in several of the comments. To quote a famous King – “Can’t we all just get a long?” – Rodney King. I like the quilts. Quilts often document happenings in history. To those sour grapes out there – so sorry that people are gleeful and happy around you.

9 Diana Bracy April 28, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Thanks for showcasing the quilts and promoting the wonderful book. The quilts are all remarkable. I have a quilt of President Obama in the boook and I am very proud of it. I have also made a quilt of McCain and many different faces.

If you have any requests, I would be happy to make a quilt for any event.