butterfly crochet hat

by kath_red on 22/06/2009

in Features, knitting+crochet+yarn

this is the darned cutest hat I have seen in a while – Olivia’s butterfly hat – free pattern here. You can also find this on Ravelry.

butterfly hat

1 Maven July 3, 2009 at 10:15 am

Very cute! It’s now in my queue!

2 alicia kordish October 26, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Really cute hat love it!!! can’t wait to make one!!

3 Gerry November 5, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I made this hat and it turned out great. Not exactly the same as this one, but close. I forgot to adjust the butterfly for the size I made and it turnout right in the fron instead of the side. But still looks great. See a picture of it here.http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Gerry/tofu-cuties-charity-mittens

4 pat February 11, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I made 3 of these. the instructions were easy to follow. They turned out very cute. I hope my nieces will enjoy them

5 cj February 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm

hi i just wanted to let you know i do enjoy you pattern thank you i have also seen your pattern or one very very simular to yours being sold i dont wanna cause issues but do not think it is fair

6 kath_red March 1, 2011 at 12:03 am

Please notify the designer directly – http://vallieskids.blogspot.com/2009/06/olivias-butterfly.html
thanks so much

7 Kawaii Crochet March 23, 2011 at 8:46 am

This pattern is now free after seeing how similar they are. I had no idea this pattern existed but you can download and compare them if you want to see the differences. I don’t think it’s fair for me to have to drop my prices because of accusations but it is what it is.The only reason I found this page is because I was getting hits from the link you put here and I wanted to make sure that everyone knew it was not done intentionally.

8 kath_red March 27, 2011 at 12:19 am

Thank you Alisha !

9 Sarah October 22, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I love love love this hat !
Does anyone have a step-by-step instructions with pictures maybe? I really really want to make this hat but it’s quite hard for me as a beginner to just read it :/ Please, somebody help me?

10 barbara January 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

This is a really lovely pattern to make thank you – i have put a link on my website hope you don’t mind Babrara

11 Mitzi February 19, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Finally decided that since I’ve been making hats from your pattern for about a year, I should write to say thank you!! I make the hats (and snuggle blankets) for Ronald McDonald’s House, and I honestly have no idea how many I’ve made. Some I follow with the butterfly, others I made solid (with no butterfly inserted), and the solid ones I attach flowers or other small crocheted items I think the kids might get a kick out of. The website attached shows some of the hats I’ve made that I thought you might enjoy seeing.

Thank you again. :)

12 Theamaartens August 30, 2012 at 6:02 am

Lovely hat. Where can I find a printable version? PLEASE

13 kath_red August 31, 2012 at 12:18 am

you can get one from the ravelry page