Middle of August – supposedly the coldest month of the year down here – but really no sign of it yet. Crazy weather!
This week at whipup some lovely treats – 2 book giveaways – good on you all for entering – and congrats to the winners – check out the books we have looked at this week – some gems … pints and purls for the social knitter … hat heads - some creative hat knitting … handmade home - creative family and recycling … Lotta Jansdotter’s simple sewing for baby … and dorm decor …
I had a letter a while ago asking me for some ideas for craft and creative activities for elderly folk who are in nursing homes and have dementia and/or very gnarled hands who find it difficult to concentrate and work fiddly tasks - here is what I came up with - feel free to add your own ideas to the comments.
My fave project this week is the nerdy chic bags.
Yarn + knitting + crochet: dyeing with indigo … yoga sock pattern … I also found some resources to helping you and me read those adorable Japanese crochet and knit patterns … Hawaiian flower motif - how to crochet …
Around the home: love these recycled blinds …
- Did you miss last weeks roundup? get them all here or subscribe to this weekly newsletter via email here – if you already subscribe why not forward this email to a crafty friend you think may enjoy it.
- Get the whole blogging tips series here.
- Get your featured on whipup button here. Find out about advertising on whipup here.
- Follow us on twitter: whipup: @whipup and Nicole: @craftapalooza [and visit Nicole’s shop here]
- Feel free to send in letters, ideas and links to whipup[at]gmail.com