30 of the best advent calendars

by kath_red on 23/11/2009

in Features, Holidays

its getting close – the time when you need to have your advent calendar up and running – the countdown starts soon … here are some ideas.

advent.pickles

1. Fabric cones – filled with goodies for advent – from pickles [see pic above]
2. string of lights advent calendar pattern from elsie marley
3. The how, where, what and why of advent calendars from uncommon grace.
4. pickles snowing presents advent calendar
5. advent calendar kit from kristen doran
6. advent calendar pouches available from nuvonova etsy store
7. Maya’s recycled advent calendar
8. advent calendar sew-along with stockings pattern from craft apple
9. pink chalk studio’s house quilted advent calendar
10. these knitted stockings would make a fantastic advent calendar

trois-advent

11. get the kids to make their own advent calendar garland with these paper cones [see pic above]

nana.advent

12. gorgeous sewn calendar with tear off paper numbers [see pic above]
13. advent calendar creative process – and gorgeous finished result.
14. wooden spool advent calendar
15. Elizabeth’s quilted advent calendar tutorial at sew mama sew
16. cozy memories sewn pocket advent calendar
17. purl bee felt advent calendar tutorial
18. skip to my lou little birdie advent calendar tutorial and template.
19. strapped for time – try this simple little bag advent calendar
20. sweet shoes – advent calendar

brownpaper.advent

21. I love these sewn up brown paper bags – advent calendar – this might be the go for us this year. [see pic above].
22. burlap stockings advent garland – love it
23. green kitchen – solstice calendar
24. paper notes advent calendar
25. wisecraft advent calendar
26. recycle bin advent calendar
27. buttons and linen advent calendar
28. advent calendar stockings
29. papiervalise stamped advent calendars
30. mini advent calendar tute

1 2paw November 23, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Thank you so much, I had done an idle, hopeless google or two, this is just what I needed. Thanks!!!

2 kath_red November 24, 2009 at 6:24 am

glad you like:)

3 Sonia {Cozy Memories} November 24, 2009 at 10:11 am

Oh my goodness, I can’t believe my activity calendar is included in your 30 ! Thank you from the bottom of my heart ! :) The other 29 are just amazing & inspiring !

4 Pauline November 24, 2009 at 11:54 am

How about this one made of polymer clay? There’s no way I would ever do it but it is adorable! http://www.chicaandjo.com/2008/12/01/advent-calendar-house-from-polymer-clay/

5 finger thumb November 24, 2009 at 12:36 pm

This is an awesome post. As usual, your roundup of ideas is superb. So inspiring. I’m totally gonna go make and advent calendar now.

6 kath_red November 24, 2009 at 4:10 pm

thanks so much
be sure to leave more ideas in the comments if you know of any I have missed out
cheers
Kathreen

7 Janice November 24, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Thanks for including my calendar in your round up. Looking at the other awesome links I am thinking I maybe need 2 calendars…any excuse to get crafting.

8 Gina (clutterpunk) November 24, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Oh boy, I’ve been chasing the links since you posted, and getting lost all over the place. Love it. I’m really going to make a calendar this year! Trooly rooly.

9 amomymous November 30, 2009 at 8:01 am

Thank you so much for this post. I got working on it right away! Maybe next year you should post the same list in June, giving us some more time for the more elaborate ones.
By the way, here is another nice idea I came accross:

10 Chantelle-ThousandSquareFeet December 1, 2009 at 1:43 am

Just finished my own version of the Advent Calendar. Check it out here:

May just have to make another one next year with all these great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

11 Gabi December 1, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Just finished my calender yesterday.Nedd to check this great ideas again next year a little bit earlier.

12 Andrea @ The Train To Crazy December 1, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I love these. I’m definitely bookmarking this for next year when I will complete one BEFORE December!