I hope you all enjoyed a happy Easter holiday break. I have just returned from a week of rejuvenation and inspiration – camping with my family at the beach. Oh what a lovely week – it is so good to get away, away from house, work, computer, obligations and email. We camped in our camper trailer – snug and warm on rainy days, open and sunny on warm days – and we had a bit of both in our week by the beach. We spent days snorkelling, catching fish, swimming and watching the waves. We did some caving, canoeing, collecting shells and making ephemeral beach art. We also did lots of camp cooking, cooking by the fire, drinking cups of tea, toasting marshmallows as well as catching up on our reading and doing lots of sketching by the cliff. I feel ready for … something new … something different … not sure what but there is something in the air for our family.
And our thoughts go out to everyone affected by the Tornados in the USA these past few days. Be well friends.
While I was away, my dear readers, you were not forgotten. I had a store of lovely posts, projects, tutorials and ideas to keep you going this past week or two:
Last week at whipup:
- Did you see the sneak peak of issue 3 of the Action Pack: ‘Sew & Tea’ launching tomorrow! Find out more about our Action Packs and purchase Issue 1 and Issue 2 from our shop.
- Whipup.net Flickr group roundups: Quilty : Yarny textures
- Creative mending
- We reviewed e-mag sockupied
- For Anzac day – quirky Australian animal patterns and a recipe for Anzac biscuits.
- For Easter or for anytime – Easter buns recipe
- Books – blog tours: Sewn by hand and Country side softies and Quilting from little things
Crafty news and links
- And because my next issue of the Action Pack is themed ‘Sew & Tea’ – here is an extract from The Collected Essays, Journalism and Letters of George Orwell, titled A Nice Cup of Tea.
- Join Anna Maria Horner for A Stitch Together: 13 May at Piper’s Quilts & Comforts Salt Lake City and a sneak peak of her new fabric range – looks divine!
- A little late – but very sweet – easter bunting tutorial
- How to knit a giganto blanket at knit hacker is very cool, also I liked the knitted Katamari mitts with charts and Patricia Brown’s knitted sea urchins are beautiful.
- And because i love kids e-mags here is a fun one – Alphabet Glue – all about books.
- Have you seen spoonful zine – a hip and lovely indie zine full of beautiful things.
- A blooming brooch tutorial
- Grosgrain is doing a themed month of Free patterns with Whipup making an appearance at the end of May.
- I love Megan Goodacre’s leafy washcloth pattern at the tricksy knitter
- 12 May toast the winners of ReadyMade magazine’s ReadyMade 100 Contest.
- Modern Messy Parents has some cool vase projects for Mother’s Day.
- To celebrate the relaunch of LarkCrafts.com, Lark are offering a 50% discount coupon.
Coming up: More books, Mother’s Day Crafts, and more sneak peaks from issue 3 of the Action Pack.
Love you guys
Did you miss last weeks roundup? Get them all here or subscribe to our weekly newsletter via email here.
Find out where to buy my book Whip Up Mini Quilts.
Find out how to ADVERTISE with whipup.net.
Follow us on twitter: whipup: @whipup and Nicole: @craftapalooza + join the Whipup flickr group : and our facebook page.
Send in letters, ideas and links to email@example.com
We use and recommend Igloo self service ads: igloo