Awesome family blogs {you should check out}

by kath_red on June 5, 2011

in Kids Crafts

After the awesome kids blog post from a few days ago, I was reminded of heaps more super cool family and kids blogs, and thanks to reader suggestions I was introduced to a heap of new-to-me blogs as well. So here are more awesome kids + family blogs you should check out!

• Caro & Co: An Australian blog – I love what its all about “sharing information, tips and inspiration on how to engage children with nature, outdoors, food and food sources and healthy living.”
  • The Grass Stain Guru: With blog posts like “Can’t miss childhood moments” which include things like, wading in a creek and building a fort – and added to this I love the about page: “childhood was meant to be messy. Muddy. Slimy. Silly. And most of all, joyful.”
  • Natural pathways: Hannah’s blog is all about reconnecting with nature and learning bush survival skills. In the about page: “it is her wish to bring [children] closer to Nature through Nature Awareness activities and hands on experience with survival/bushcraft skills.”
  • Little green fingers: Getting kids hooked on gardening … yes please!
  • Penniless parenting: learning to be frugal and living on less.
  • Progressive pioneer: Natural parenting
  • Let the children play: Early childhood teacher and her passion for children
  • Picklebums: “An eclectic jumble of this and that.” Sounds like my kind of place! (Also an Aussie blog)
  • Little eco footprints: Another fellow Aussie blog - ”living closer to nature; having space to grow food; having a teeny little ecological footprint; and being part of a community.”
  • Tinker lab: Creative experiments for little kids
  • Kids in the studio: letting kids express themselves through art
  • Giddy Giddy: Colourful and creative with kids
  • Curly birds: The art of play
  • Mini-eco: Great kids crafts and activities
  • Paintcutpaste: Inspiring young artists
  • Quirky mama: Learning through play – lots of great ideas and projects

Images from: progressive pioneer :: mini eco :: Giddy giddy

This coming week (Tuesday) I will be launching The Great Outdoors edition of the Action Pack. To celebrate, beginning tomorrow, I will be offering five days of fantastic giveaways. A bunch of lovely publishers are offering some fabulous kid and family books to whipup.net readers. More will be revealed tomorrow – so do check back – there are lots of chances to win!

For more kids craft, creative ideas and activities go to the Action Pack website

1 amy June 5, 2011 at 8:09 am

Thanks for the mention, Kathreen, and there are several on this list I haven’t heard of…looking forward to checking them out!

2 Celestine June 5, 2011 at 8:53 am

Thank you for sharing this! After your post about “awesome kids blogs” I continued searching for more of these blogs. And now you complement my wanting.

I don’t have kids (yet), but there’s a big kid in me that loves exploring nature. So thanks for inspiring me!

3 se7en June 5, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Oh wonderful stuff!!! Lots of lovely cool blogs to look at!!!

4 katepickle June 5, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Oh I am so chuffed to be on a list with so many other fabulous blogs!!! Thanks so much for mentioning me!

5 jenny @ let the children play June 6, 2011 at 7:42 am

Like Kate I’m chuffed to be mentioned amongst such fine company – thank you so much for including me. I was sent this way by Kristin from the lovely Kleas blog and I’m so happy I found you – I’m off for a big old browse now.

6 Jane June 6, 2011 at 10:17 am

Lovely list, a couple of new faces I haven’t seen before too. I would also add Miri at Here We Are Together to that list.

7 Rachelle | TinkerLab June 6, 2011 at 11:21 am

I’m delighted to be part of this fabulous list!! Thanks for including me. Looking forward to reading some of these new-to-me blogs!

8 Helen June 6, 2011 at 11:15 pm

What a wonderful list – thank you so much for including Curly Birds!

9 Go Beyond The Classroom June 7, 2011 at 9:44 pm

What a great list of resources! There is such a variety on your list! Thank you for organizing this, Kathreen!

10 Bethe June 7, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Awww, so tickled to make your list. Thanks so much — and I am in such great company. Love being part of this world-wide movement to restore childhood to its playful place in society!

Cheers- Bethe @Balmeras aka The Grass Stain Guru

11 Penniless Parenting June 21, 2011 at 5:30 am

Awww, thanks for including me on the list!

12 lisa h July 8, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I just came across your blog and have been reading others today as well. I did it to find out how to really set one up and turned out everyone’s site was so interesting i just kept reading. Some of the stories on them have really lightened my heart today. Lisa

13 Britt Louise Hanson September 24, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Thanks for putting together such a great selection of blogs. Very inspiring, Britt.

14 Hazel January 23, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I love arts and I adore kids! This is the kind of post I enjoy reading. Keep it up! I am looking forward to more of your post.

15 Karen March 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I love finding new and fun family blogs. Thanks for helping me with my search. Tons of great places, ty :)

{ 1 trackback }