Every week I get lots of email – and also love to trawl through my rss feeds for cool things – so here i give to you some of my finds and some things that landed in my inbox this week.
If you would like to send press releases or submit your own project please send to submit[at]whipup.net.
- Underwater felt play board
- Love this chalkboard cake at Craftzine (pictured)
- Project excerpt from Ellen’s new book at Chronicle
- Dip dye baskets (pictured)
- Scrappy felt bracelets (pictured)
- 5 minute fabric stickers
- How to make toilet roll dudes
- Felt storage bags
- Record cover storage box
- 3d paper lizard (pictured)
- Felt cuffs (pictured)
Inspiring cool things
- Jillian Tamaki’s embroidery
- Embroidered children’s artwork by Molly
- How to organise yourself
- Amy Butler has put together a raffle to help support the relief efforts after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and the tornados and flooding throughout the Southern United States. Tickets are on sale now through July 7, Click Here.
- Westminster Lifestyle Fabrics’ catalog and their designer’s brochures is online. www.scribd.com/wfilifestylefabrics
- Christine has completed her 52 crafts in 52 weeks she is now inviting people to join in.
- Kiba Kiba Books, is kicking off the summer with a new online art project for kids 7-12 years old – kid who creates artwork/illustrations/images for the song Eat like a rainbow (by Jay Mankita) will get their artwork published in a “mash-up” art book – details here.
- Teddies for Tohoku – Rosemary collected a few bears to give to children affected by the tsunami, unfortunately she didn’t have enough for each child and so her new goal is to get enough bears for every kindergarten child in Rikuzentakata. Read about it here.
- School House Craft conference will include photography classes, Etsy shop hints, and how to enter the publishing world.
For even more crafty news, tutorials, reviews, special offers and updates subscribe to our newsletter via email.