There are so many gorgeous quilt designs available – it can get a little overwhelming – as a beginner quilter where do you start? What design/fabrics do you choose?
Here I have gathered up some simple quilt designs/patterns that can be found online – perfect for beginner quilters.
Simple and colourful quilts
- Make a modern solids quilt - join the quilt-along – and they have a flickr group too.
- Join the warm/cool quilt along - make this simple triangle quilt.
- Free fish baby log cabin quilt at sew mama sew by Malka Dubrawsky. (pictured)
- Hopscotch pips – sweet and simple.
- Inside scoop – quilt using big pieces of fabric – great use of colour and print. (pictured)
- Wonderfully simple yet totally unique quilt that kids can make. From the long thread. (pictured)
- Simple yet lovely quilt made up of small patches. From film in the fridge. (pictured)
- Love this Quillow - quilt that turns into a pillow – clever!
- Topsy turvy quilt - just a little bit interesting – yet still simple.
- Advice and a great design at blueberry gabs quilts
- Sew and tell bird quilt - great advice and lessons learned.
- Lawn chair quilt design
- I love these strips of different fabrics – so simple yet works so well. (pictured)