Every week I get lots of email – and also love to trawl through my rss feeds for cool things – so here i give to you some of my finds and some things that landed in my inbox this week.
If you would like to send press releases or submit your own project please send to submit[at]whipup.net.
It is sort of my birthday this weekend - I am nearly 40! Well I will be at the end of the month – a Leo! But my son Orlando popped out a week before my birthday nine years ago and so each year since my birthday has been hijacked. I don’t mind – its lovely in fact that we share a birthday week but this year is my milestone halfway point birthday year and so I pushed it forward a couple of weeks to get the full benefit. We are having a big party this weekend – a pig on a spit and lots of homemade and yummy food; I made seven quiches, 100 meringues, and some shortbread biscuits, the kids made chocolate brownies and anzac biscuits, plus I am baking two big trays of Galaktoboureko - my current favourite sweet treat. There will be lots of cheese, hummus and big big bowls of salads of all sorts. Mmm a midwinter feast!
I have come across a couple of quality e-publications lately I wanted to tell you about. The first is by Laura Bray and she has a new ebook out where she offers some very valuable advice about how to market your business through the e-newsletter medium. The second is from the gals at One charming party, where you can purchase a themed party pack which includes everything from printable invitations to games, activities and recipes. You can see some sneak previews in their shop or sign up to their newsletter for a free copy. I love the superhero and the Country fair party is super sweet too. And I just had to make sure to mention these summer pops - I am getting me some of these!
- Love this tutorial to make a custom laptop bag.
- Make a peasant dress. And a summer sundress tutorial too.
- You must check out Holly’s nature explorer bag tutorial.
- Here is a cute bubble dress for a little girl.
- Swimsuit refashioned coverup
- Resistor necktie
- Yarny crafty tote tutorial.
- Granny blanket.
- Rag bath mat tutorial - fantastic! (pictured)
Inspiring cool things
- Enter the The Martha Pullen Sewing Awards.
- The latest poppytalk look book is out!
- Cinemagraphs and more by Jamie Beck and how to make them.
- Say yes to blue hair.
- Cupcakes in a jar (pictured)
- Beaded bird embroidery
- Love about summer list
- Printable camping calendar and scene – thanks Jessica
- Potato print art - thanks Jan (pictured)
For even more crafty news, tutorials, reviews, special offers and updates subscribe to our newsletter via email.