Every week I get lots of email – and also love to trawl through my rss feeds for cool things – so here i give to you some of my finds and some things that landed in my inbox this week.
If you would like to send press releases or submit your own project please send to submit[at]whipup.net.
This coming week is my mother-in-laws 70th birthday – she is organising a midwinter musicale – champagne and snacks on the harbour – should be quite lovely. While we are visiting we will be doing all sorts of other lovely things too – and hopefully some relaxing will get included as well! The week after that is my 8 year old soon to be 9 year old son’s birthday. We will be seeing Harry Potter the finale on 3D – followed by an Indian restaurant feast. Fun!
Tutorials and patterns
- Doll mattress – with piping tutorial
- I love this flag knitted wrap (pictured)
- Sweet idea – wedding program fans
- Crochet bracelet
- Download this bird ornament pattern
- Pretty crochet flowers for lavender sachets (pictured)
- Beaded recycled t-shirt necklace
- Hand embroidered thanks you cards (pictured)
- Make a sputnik lamp
Interesting discussions and inspiring things
- Discussion from Ashley Shannon on equality in fabric design – part 1 and part 2.
- Maryanne is having a Dear Jane sew along.
- se7en+1 has featured me on her blog – sweet – read my favourite 7+1 things
- I like these wooden ties
- I like this crochet wrist watch band (pictured)
- Lovely colour on this tumblr
- Join the hottie challenge
- Join the one yard wonders sew along
- Join the summer sweater knit along
- Discussion on being interdependent