Every week I get lots of email â€“ and also love to trawl through my rss feeds for cool things â€“ so here i give to you some of my finds and some things that landed in my inbox this week.
If you would like to send press releases or submit your own project please send to submit[at]whipup.net.
- Taggies toy: The pattern’s for a really simple, yet entertaining toy so it’sÂ a perfect project for newbies yet still fun for advanced people andÂ everybody knows a baby or 2 to give them too :D The pictures are only ofÂ the cat version, but the pattern includes a bunny and bear as well.
- Treat bag tutorial
- Great idea for making reusable pattern/template pieces
- This tutorial for butterfly shrug for little girls can be easily adapted for adult sizes. It provides easy step by step instructions for making a very stylish version of this wardrobe staple. Great resource for people working on their fall-winter wardrobe now.
- Windham Fabrics is proud to welcome Lotta Jansdotter and her new collection Echo.Â This eye-catching collection will hit stores 11/1/11.
- 50+ Bloggersâ€™ All time favourite recipes in a recipe e-book. Designed byÂ Heather fromÂ Chickabug, and put together by the team at Howdoesshe – with over 50 bloggers sharing their favourite recipes (Yes I have a contribution in there too) -Â 100% of the money raised from the sale of this book will be given to the american red cross. For sale for 1 week and 1 week only: August 8 – 14.
- Must read article about Improvisational Quilts at Collectors Weekly -Â It features quilts by Sherry Ann Byrd, her extended family, and several other African American quilt makers. (Images pictured)
- Must read article about Ravelry