Every week I get lots of email – and also love to trawl through my rss feeds for cool things – so here i give to you some of my finds and some things that landed in my inbox this week.
If you would like to send press releases or submit your own project please send to submit[at]whipup.net.
Are you following along on the Kids’ Crafternoon blog tour - Poppytalk posts interview with me about the book :: Picklebums reviews the books and makes some of the crafts with her 7yr old kids :: Little eco footprints makes the limby dolls with her little ones (see image below of their limbys)
Tutorials and crafty ideas
- Rules are meant to be …. a simple DIY family rules sign. Vintage-inspired, repurposed canvas.
- A refashioning tutorial for changing zip fly jeans into button flies
- Roubidou sewed a changing pad and diaper pouch for their October baby by repurposing an old shower curtain.
- Summer peeps craft apron and Summer peeps patchwork pouch
- A tutorial for kaftan/poncho tunic
Crafty others stuff
- New! Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair is now accepting applications from young makers for its Young & Crafty section. On Saturday, Oct. 1, This indie craft fair will return to the Marie Reed Learning Center in Adams Morgan Washington, D.C.
- 30 Inspirational Blogs for Your Dorm Room Design
- NEW emagazine all about entertaining – Kinfolk magazine
- Another NEW emagazine Live Urban Love Rural is a new online magazine showing Londoners the country side of city living – features include step-by-step guides to urban bee keeping, thelatest community garden initiative, and celebrating London’s eclectic craft fairs.
- The Amy Butler Raffle for Relief raised $2,000! They will be donating all of the proceeds from this raffle to the American Red Cross and splitting it between the need in the Southern United States and Japan.