Lisa and Sarah are the mother and daughter duo behind A Spoonful of Sugar. They aim to Live Creatively and share lots of crafty tutorials and recipes on their blog. They spend their time sewing, baking, and dabbling in a wide range of crafts. Lisa publishes her sewing designs in a number of sewing, craft, quilting magazines in both the USA and Australia.
Hello Whipup.net readers. We love to bake for our family and friends, and enjoy sharing our weekend baking recipes on our blog each week . Today we wanted to share with you our tutorial for making some fabric cupcake flags which are easily made from your fabric scraps.
Fabric Cupcake Flags
Transform your fabric scraps into sweet cupcake flags to add to add a fun home made touch to your next celebration or high tea.
- Fabric scraps
- fusible appliqué webbing such as vliesofix or steam a seam
- wooden toothpicks
- Cut the fabric and the fusible webbing into strips measuring 1 1/4 inches x 4 inches. (3 x 10cm)
- Using your iron, adhere the fusible webbing to the wrong side of the fabric. Remove the paper backing on the fusible webbing.
- Position the fabric strips with the wrong side facing up. Position a toothpick in the middle of the fabric strip. Fold the fabric strip in half, sandwiching the toothpick in the middle. Press with an iron to adhere both ends of the fabric together.
- Trim the flag into the desired shape. Embellish flag with buttons or lace as desired.
- Insert the flags into decorated cupcakes to add a whimsical home made touch.