Guest blogger series | Ladybug tutorial
Lisa Ramsey Whitesell enjoys being a stay at home mom of 2 girls. Vegetarian cooking, sewing, gardening, and living the “natural way” is her bliss. She shares her lifestyle at her blog and runs an Etsy business where she makes plush and pillows.
- 1. Cut out pieces from pattern.
- 2. Whip stitch the body pieces together.
- 3. Leave a space open to stuff the ladybug; stuff, then whipstitch closed.
- 4. Stitch the spots onto the red wings.
- 5. Whipstitch the wings to the ladybug.
- 6. Stitch on the antennae.
- 7. Sew black pupils onto the eyes by using a running stitch. Add a little white “x” for a little sparkle in the eye. You can add a wink to one of the eyes by using a backstitch.
- 8. Stitch eyes onto the ladybug.