So much is always going on – do you find it difficult to keep up?
This last week I launched by book at the local bookstore and the blog tour finished up. Its been a busy week and then some. Personally it has been busy too – we are gearing up for the end of the school year here in Australia, plus holidays and Christmas – plays and concerts – decorations and cooking – no wonder I feel a bit overwhelmed. So its time to slow down – spend time with family, not go crazy with shopping and over indulging – instead remember the important things in life – family and health, love and creativity.
[On that note - happy thanksgiving to my USA readers.]Â
Here are some back to basics ideas to keep you grounded leading up to this busy and stressful time of the year. Grab a cuppa and follow along…
- Make some spiced chai concentrate
- Say no to naff
- Joyful bunting
- Make a simple and beautiful scarf for a loved one
- Green wrapping paper
- Decorate with wood and candlesÂ
- Make a nature wreath this year: ideas hereÂ and here
In other news:
- My crafternoon book series blog tour is still on – follow along for a chance to win and to see what’s inside these fabulously creative craft books for kids. Also if you were a fan of the Sewing Crafternoon book – the Limby dolls on the cover – designed by Lizette Greco and family are available for sale.
- I didn’t have time to properly review a fun new kids book that I had the pleasure of being sent – but I highlyÂ recommendÂ this book for little ones – its sweet and fun – the kids will adore it – Parrot Carrot (by JolÂ and Kate Temple and Jon Foye, published by Allen and Unwin), is a wonderfully illustrated picture book – with its own iphone app (developed by Leo Burnett)- check it out.
- Another book I wanted to tell you about -Â Â ’Love injections‘ about extraordinaryÂ ways to surprise the one you love.
- I am excited about Dana’s new book
- Shhh …Â EcoMilf has 12 days of giveaways coming up (28th of November to the 9th of December)Â - and you have a chance to win Action pack over there too – amongst lots of other cool things.
- This Holiday seasonÂ Loeffler RandallÂ is partnering with creativeÂ New YorkÂ women who inspire them – this week Denise Porcoro, owner ofÂ Flower Girl NYC, shows us how to make this beautifulÂ DIY Holiday Wreath.