There are a lot of things I love in life – books, crafts, my family – there are things I don’t love so much -Â exercise, housework, bookkeeping – life is a mix of the good with the bad and getting the mix right is tricky – don’t you think?
Anyway this past weekend I think I got the mix about right – although the weekend is never long enough.
- I read a book (Black Heels to Tractor Wheels* – A voyeuristic ‘mills and boon’ type real life love story about a blogger!) and made some things (crochet hats – see above) and baked some cookies (cinnamon and white chocolate – yum – just made up the recipe**)
- We watched some musical theatre (my daughter was in) and went to the school ‘slow sunday’ activity day (like a fete but without the fund raising)
- I cooked some dinners (chicken soup and bolognaise) and sat on the porch with my man and a beer and some salami
- I played some iphone games (pocket frogs) and vacuumed the house (and supervised the kids cleaning the bathrooms)
- We bought some ducklings (Muscovy ducks) and built them a pond and watched them (they are funny)
- We watched a family movie (Tron legacy) and ate the cookies with milk (yum)