Remember this post back in 2009 and an earlier post in 2008 - showcasing ravelry’s most popular free online crochet and knitting patterns. Here is the updated list for 2012 … what are your thoughts? I have not included the designs that have appeared in the original 2009 list – although these patterns are still up there and the february lady sweater by pamela wynne and Saartje’s Bootees by Saartje de Bruijn (available in Dutch and English) Free Ravelry – both hold their place in the top 10. Shalom Cardigan by Meghan McFarlane is also still popular
1. Citron: by Hilary Smith Callis — this sweet little shawlette uses one skein of laceweight Malabrigo.
2. Turn A Square by Jared Flood is a knitted striped beanie made with worsted wool.
3. honey cowl by Madelinetosh uses a simple slip stitch pattern cowl to create a dense waffle‐like fabric.
4. Lacy Baktus by Terhi Montonen – this is a modified version of Strikkelise pattern.
5. Bandana Cowl by Purl Soho — inspired by the desire to make “effortlessly chic” even more effortless.
1. Calm Cowl by Suzana Davidovic – stylish and simple cowl
2. Olivia’s Butterfly by Valerie Whitten easily adjustable crochet hat.
3. Mary Jane Slippers by Lisa Gutierrez – quick and comfy
4. Nordstrom Crochet Hobo Bag by Dao Lam (image by by Arielluria)
5. Neat Ripple Pattern by Lucy of Attic24 – very lovely