Studio | light + bright :: textured + eclectic

by kath_red on 18/02/2012

in Community + Creativity, Home+Decor

I have a dilemma … it’s my studio, I love the light and big white walls which I use as a gallery space — but I need more shelves.

I have been pinning at pinterest – check out my studio inspiration boards here … it is a mix of texture, colour, light and storage. What are your priorities when setting up a studio? How much space do you need? Do you crave a warehouse, or do you just want a loft? Do you like a lot of light and big walls or do you like a cosy space filled to the brim with collections and books and textures. I sort of want it all!

1 Rachel February 18, 2012 at 9:48 am

work with the space you have & put things in there that you love (favorite colors, items that you like to collect, things that make you happy)… enjoy a tour of my studio: http://nestfullofeggs.blogspot.com/2011/12/tour-of-my-studio.html

have a great day !

2 Mary February 18, 2012 at 9:56 am

This is one of the things I love about Pinterest… these collections can be a PART of those things we surround ourselves with… just a click for a little inspiration. Now off to give your Pinterest board a closer look :)

3 Stephinie February 18, 2012 at 8:16 pm

lovely pins. I’m a cozy gal for sure. good shelving & storage. but the kind that could partially be covered so I could also have good writing space and good dark chocolate and wine space all in the same room! we’re currently six people in a three bedroom however…. so the studio is still just a sweet juicy someday kind of dream fro me ;)

4 Stitch Rabbit February 19, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I like a lot. A lot of things poking out of everywhere. Shelves filled with baskets and suitcase. Inspiration tacked to the walls. I just moved my studio from upstairs to the basement to make room for the growing kids. I was super unsure at first, because I liked the bright, natural light… but to tell you the truth? It’s kinda like a secret cozy cabin hideaway… I love it, regardless of it’s bad wall paneling and low ceilings. One day I’ll have the beautiful windows and the white walls and the hardwood floors…. for now, cozy den will do!

xo stitch rabbit

5 Michelle February 19, 2012 at 11:14 pm

It’s kind of a nice dilemma to have, no? I’m in the same boat as you at the moment, except mine involves getting rid of some wall storage so that I can set up my design wall. At the moment the design wall is in the spare bedroom, but I’m about to lose that space as the door is about to be rehung on the other side, meaning no more deisgn wall without closing the door. Closing the door means the fabric falls off the wall.

I have a large Ikea Expedit and a short bench with storage boxes, and some Ikea lack shelves. I’m going to remove the lack shelves but then I need to also determine what is in the other shelves., Perhaps I have enough storage space?

Good luck!

6 Mary Jo, Five Green Acres February 27, 2012 at 10:00 am

I just completed a huge overhaul of my own studio. Painted the walls, brought in beautiful cabinets, purged all of the excess, added a comfy chair to the space. I can’t even tell you how much I love it in there. Here’s the lowdown: http://fivegreenacres.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/the-studio-is-complete/