My house is a mess — yes it’s true – I am not just saying that to make you feel better or to garner sympathy. In fact I don’t mind that it is a mess (well not entirely true perhaps), but I know that Saturday it will be refreshed. We clean the house together as a family – no illusions and no attitude – we all made the mess and we all have a hand in cleaning it up. But I admit that we often have entitlement issues.
There is a slight attitude of entitlement – does this exist in your house too? We are gradually getting rid of this by making sure everyone has a hand in helping and doing their fair share of chores — including the ugly and the dirty jobs. And after months of a regular saturday morning cleaning routine everyone knows what is expected and gets to work right after a leisurely saturday morning breakfast (not without grumbles — we are not saints after all ;). Two hours of music on loud, vacuum rumbling, bathrooms getting scrubbed and clothing all folded, before being able to put up our feet for a cuppa.
Right now I am …
- Spending time in the garden – Winter has ended and the garden is green and fresh, but there is old growth to be cleared away, new mulch to put down, pruning and weeding to get onto it.
- Missing my kids — one has been packed off for over a week to spend time with cousins, the other is hanging out with friends for the day.
- Listening to the sounds of a gate being built in our driveway – go Rob!
- Nursing a bit of a headache.
- Thinking about Apple pie for dinner — possibly this one, this or this one. Nah – this one!
- Hanging sheets and towels on the line to dry.
- Enjoying a bit of sunshine.
Action Pack – Magazine for kids NEWS:
- Discontinuing $30 bargain bundle: Next week I am changing prices and discontinuing ourbargain $30 bundle (7 issues for $30). It will be replaced with other special offers, however this bargain bundle will be available for 7 more days only.
- Now accepting submissions for 2013 – see our submission page for themes and more information.
- More wonderful knitting posts in our designer knitting series: And essay by Alison Brookbanks from sixandahalfstitches about her philosophy behind knitting pattern writing and Hilary Smith Callis from theyarniad describes her knitting pattern and design process.
New at my Pinterest boards
- New swimmers for me :: Linen tunic for me :: How cute is this wonder woman swimsuit?!
- Rescue your recipes :: I am going to try this crochet linen stitch :: I have been using this no-foundation-chain method for crochet
oh and one more thing – do you know of anyone looking for a house in Canberra (Australia) next year – academics on sabbatical for example? Our listing is here.