I live in Australia. We don’t do Halloween here – although maybe some of the commercial aspects. Did you know that the turnip was originally a symbol of Halloween – but now it is the pumpkin – because of its size and ease of carving. You can read more about Halloween here.
Every day in the weeks leading up to Halloween I have found a few pumpkin related recipes and craft ideas in my Pinterest feed – so I thought I would have a bit of a pumpkin celebration post here – I love pumpkin (there are a couple of recipes here that I want to try – I tend to be more of a pumpkin savoury recipe sort of person – I love roast pumpkin – that is my fave!).
Image from here
- Pumpkin pancakes
- Pumpkin butter
- Pumpkin empanadas
- Pumpkin granola
- Pumpkin white hot chocolate
- Pumpkin pie crepes
- Pumpkin chili
- Pumpkin chai latte
- Pumpkin hommus
- Pepita brittle
- Pumpkin spice muffins
- Pumpkin vanilla smoothie
- Pumpkin pie spice mix
- Spiced pumpkin ice cream
- Pumpkin cinnamon scrolls
- Pumpkin whoopie pies
- Whole wheat pumpkin cake
- Pumpkin curry soup
- Pumpkin flatbread pizza
- Pumpkin cake
- Pumpkin pie pudding
- Roast pumpkin
- Pumpkin puree
- Gnocchi with roast pumpkin
- Oh and you’ll need pumpkin beer to go with those
- Pumpkin centrepiece
- Carve a pumpkin
- Pumpkin wreath
- Carve a jack-o-lantern
- Decoupage pumpkin
- Painted pumpkins
- Pumpkin mantle
- Illustrated pumpkins
- Pumpkin lights
- Pumpkin diarama
- Chalk paint pumpkins
- Painted chevron pumpkins
Knitting Designer series [link to whole series HERE]
Our knitting designer series continues …
- Alex from dull-roar discusses her design process (specifically for hats) and self-publishing in her guest post From idea to published pattern.
- Linda from Woolly mammoth knits explains how designing knitting patterns is quite a lot like playing with blocks.
- Alison from sixandahalfstitches talks about her philosophy behind knitting pattern writing.
- Hilary from theyarniad describes her knitting pattern and design process.
- Karen from Katoumi discusses her design process and her knitwear designs for children.
- Suvi from Dandelion In a Jar discusses her love of small details.
- Jennette from Doviejay Knits talks about stories as inspiration.
- Anna from mochimochiland discusses the process of knitted toy design.
- Melissa from neoknits discusses the process of designing for a large manufacturer vs designing for hand knitting patterns.
- Robin from Robin Ulrich Studio discusses her design process.
- Kate from Kelbourne Woolens discusses the knitting lifestyle.
- Jane Website tells us about her love of numbers.
- Amy from Savory Knitting talks about how she begins a project.
- Thelma [website and Thelma] explains her love of crazy hats.
Action Pack Kids Magazine News
- Don’t forget to grab your copy of the latest Action Pack magazine for kids (Go Tribal Issue).
- New: Pick up a Double Trouble Action Pack.
- Taking submissions for next year … Read our submissions themes [we have a preschool issue in the works] – check out our Pinterest ideas boards [creating with nature :: preschool sensory projects :: creating with the elements :: and submit an idea!
- Family Apothecary Issue – Out soon!
- My kids magazine Action Pack Magazine for kids [facebook page]
- My new book Little Bits Quilting Bee
- Instagram [view: followgram or webstagram]
- Social: flickr :: facebook ::
twitter @whipup:: Pinterest
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org