I live in Australia. We don’t do Halloween here – although maybe some of the commercial aspects. Did you know that the turnip was originally a symbol of Halloween – but now it is the pumpkin – because of its size and ease of carving. You can read more aboutÂ Halloween here.
Every day in the weeks leading up to Halloween I have found a few pumpkin related recipes and craft ideas in my Pinterest feed – so I thought I would have a bit of a pumpkin celebration post here – I love pumpkin (there are a couple of recipes here that I want to try – I tend to be more of a pumpkin savoury recipe sort of person – I love roast pumpkin – that is my fave!).
Image from here
- Pumpkin pancakes
- Pumpkin butter
- PumpkinÂ empanadas
- Pumpkin granola
- Pumpkin white hot chocolate
- Pumpkin pie crepes
- Pumpkin chili
- Pumpkin chai latte
- Pumpkin hommus
- Pepita brittle
- Pumpkin spice muffins
- Pumpkin vanilla smoothie
- Pumpkin pie spice mix
- Spiced pumpkin ice cream
- Pumpkin cinnamon scrolls
- Pumpkin whoopie pies
- Whole wheat pumpkin cake
- Pumpkin curry soup
- Pumpkin flatbread pizza
- Pumpkin cake
- Pumpkin pie pudding
- Roast pumpkin
- Pumpkin puree
- Gnocchi with roast pumpkin
- Oh and you’ll need pumpkin beer to go with those
- Pumpkin centrepiece
- Carve a pumpkin
- Pumpkin wreath
- Carve a jack-o-lantern
- Decoupage pumpkin
- Painted pumpkins
- Pumpkin mantle
- Illustrated pumpkins
- Pumpkin lights
- Pumpkin diarama
- Chalk paint pumpkins
- Painted chevron pumpkins
Knitting Designer seriesÂ [link to whole seriesÂ HERE]
Our knitting designer series continues …
- AlexÂ fromÂ dull-roarÂ discussesÂ her design process (specifically for hats) and self-publishing in her guest postÂ From idea to published pattern.
- LindaÂ fromÂ Â Woolly mammoth knitsÂ explains howÂ designing knitting patterns is quite a lot like playing with blocks.
- AlisonÂ fromÂ sixandahalfstitchesÂ talks about herÂ philosophyÂ behind knitting pattern writing.
- HilaryÂ fromÂ theyarniadÂ describes herÂ knitting pattern and design process.
- KarenÂ fromÂ KatoumiÂ discussesÂ herÂ design process and her knitwear designs for children.
- SuviÂ fromÂ Dandelion In a JarÂ discusses herÂ love of small details.
- JennetteÂ fromÂ Doviejay KnitsÂ talks aboutÂ stories as inspiration.
- AnnaÂ fromÂ mochimochilandÂ discusses the process ofÂ knitted toy design.
- MelissaÂ fromÂ neoknitsÂ discusses theÂ process ofÂ designing for a large manufacturer vs designing for hand knitting patterns.
- RobinÂ fromÂ Robin Ulrich StudioÂ discusses herÂ design process.
- KateÂ fromÂ Kelbourne WoolensÂ discusses theÂ knitting lifestyle.
- Jane WebsiteÂ tells us about her love of numbers.
- Amy fromÂ Savory KnittingÂ talks about how she begins a project.
- ThelmaÂ [websiteÂ andÂ Thelma] explains her love of crazy hats.
Action Pack Kids Magazine News
- Donâ€™t forgetÂ to grab your copy of the latestÂ Action Pack magazine for kidsÂ (Go Tribal Issue).
- New:Â Pick up aÂ Double Trouble Action Pack.
- Taking submissions for next yearÂ â€¦Â Read our submissions themesÂ [we have a preschool issue in the works] â€“ check out our Pinterest ideas boards [creating with natureÂ ::Â preschool sensory projectsÂ ::Â creating with the elementsÂ :: and submit an idea!
- Family Apothecary Issue - Out soon!
Sign up here to receive our weekly newsletterÂ via emailÂ
- My kids magazineÂ Action Pack MagazineÂ for kids [facebook page]
- My new bookÂ Â Little Bits Quilting Bee
- InstagramÂ [view:Â followgramÂ orÂ webstagram]
- Social:Â flickrÂ ::Â facebookÂ ::Â
twitter @whipupÂ ::Â Pinterest
- Email:Â email@example.com