A note of thanks and love

by Jules on July 3, 2013

in Guest Blogger, Guest Editors 2013, my life, Whip-Up

During most of 2013, Whipup.net will be hosting a monthly mini-series, each month edited by different crafters and designers. Enjoy!

The theme for this month is Make It Local :: with Alexandra Smith of Lola Nova. Today, Alexandra shares her last post for the month. Thank you so much Alexandra for sharing your inspiration, taking us on a tour of your local farmers market and for sharing your great tutorial for making market bags. Also, for introducing us to Annie and her local woollen mill, Nancy and her Macrame and to Lindsay and her pesto recipe (yum!).

Last year when Kathreen invited me to be a guest editor for a month on WhipUp, I was deeply honored and jumped at the chance. Though I never met her in person, I considered Kathreen a friend, a kindred spirit and a supporter of the utmost kind. Through her hard work and gorgeous spirit, she brought together a community; fostered art and craft, endlessly inspired and encouraged so many wonderful people.  She made such a tremendous impact on me and I know so many others. She created an amazing legacy and I truly believe she made this world a better place. She reminds us to live life with passion and intent; to live deliberately with love and to continue to follow our hearts.

bags

I cannot ever repay Kathreen’s kindness to me, though I would like to contribute to her legacy in some small way. The 3 Origami Market Bags from my previous tutorial are up for sale in my Etsy shop 50 percent of proceeds from each of these bags will be donated to the trust fund for Kathreen and Rob’s beautiful children, daughter Otilija and son Orlando.

If you would like to donate in another way, please follow the link HERE.

Alexandra Smith

1 Lola Nova July 3, 2013 at 11:36 am

Oh my goodness, the bags sold in a flash! Thank you!

2 Katie July 3, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Would you consider selling a commercial rights version of the tutorial for limited sale? Perhaps for donation to the fund for Kathreen and Rob’s children as others have done?

3 Lola Nova July 12, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Sorry Katie, I’ve only just seen this comment. I have added a note to the tutorial that pretty much explains why I will not sell commercial rights version of the tutorial. Thank you so much for your interest, perhaps when I have time I can come up with something else to share in this way.
All the best,
Alex

4 Maria G. July 5, 2013 at 6:27 am

It’s really a blessing when you meet someone who encourages you to live your life well and with full of hope and passion which is pretty much the same with my kids. They remind me to live life well. I would love to own one of the market bags. They’re very handy and they are great help to their kids financially.

5 Lori B July 5, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Are the proceeds from Action Pack going to the children? I’ve been considering purchasing the magazines for a while, and definitely will if it will help them.

6 KateG July 9, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Hi Lori, thanks for your support. The Action Pack proceeds will indeed go to Kathreen’s family. At the moment we are experiencing some challenges with receiving payment for Action Pack, but once we have this sorted out, we will definitely let the WhipUp readers know.
Kate

7 Suzanne July 8, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Thank you for sharing your bags with us!