Are you feeling sunny and need a summery frock? Here are two fun and floaty designs to get sewing!
- Flowing Grecian style dress
- Long Maxi buttery dress
I am researching fancy dudds for my little dude for an upcoming big party we are invited to and he is performing at.
Need to make a bowtie or two or three and this is a different version – I like this one – cause my girl wants one too! And I like this double layered version.
And a waistcoat or maybe this one – looks easy enough.
A necktie perhaps or maybe a faux necktie is better – and cutting down a man sized tie seems like a good idea.
I am a huge fan of the refashioning and diy fashion movement. I love the creativity, the frugality and the recycling going on! Its huge. Here are a just a teensy tiny hint at what is happening.
Maybe its a little early to be thinking of the knitted t-shirt otherwise known at the t-shirt sweater. But if you are deep in winter, then you might want to start thinking about spring, or if like me you are experiencing a strangely cool summer, then a t-shirt sweater is really a practical solution. So here goes a few of my faves – I am dreaming of which one to make. What do you think?
- I quite like Wren by Helen G – more of a recipe than a line by line what to knit [Image pictured no.1].
- Emmaline by Jennifer Wood is in the Knitty, Spring+Summer 2010. It has really pretty shape and neckline [Image pictured no2.].
- Plain and Simple Pullover by Veera Välimäki is a free Ravelry download. I love the neck on this – and the layering options are enormous. [Image pictured no.3]
- Silverlode by Kristen Orme has a lovely long line – $5.50 at ravelry. [Image pictured no.4]
- Raindance by Heidi Kirrmaier – love the sleeves on this one – $6 at Ravelry. [Image pictured no.5]
- Global Warming by Suvi Simola. So cute – love the front pockets. Ravelry download. [Image pictured no.6]
- Buttercup by Heidi Kirrmaier is lovely and drapey – could be an overdress. Ravelry download.
- Lazy Weekend Sweater by Nikol Lohr was published on craftzine. It has half length sleeves and a hood. Perfect for that seasonal change. Nikol Lohr’s That Girl! Summer Jacket is also on my list.
- This 1930s vintage pattern is called 3-Hour Sweater, There are some great updated pics on ravelry from those that have made this sweater – its totally cute.
- Classic Silk Short-Sleeve Top by Cecily Glowik MacDonald is a button up cardi – but what I love about this – apart from the cute shape – is that you can wear it with the buttons down the front or the back. Published in CEY.
- Mud Season by Elizabeth F. Smith – is my kind of earthy weekend wardrobe.