Its the 2nd of December and the kids have realised there is no advent calendar what should I do? A quick bit of research turned up these ideas – will be whipping up something later tonight.
I love this one from the long thread – but with all that embroidery its not a rush job project.
These knitted wee hats might have to be started for next advent.
These paper booties from delia are a possibility.
From Shim and sons – this one is lovely and simple – might be good for a last minute project.
This advent from between the lines is right up my alley. strips of white paper sewn together – perfecto!
Punch out window calendar – I love this idea – but not a quick fix I am afraid – maybe if the kids are prepared to wait an extra day or two?
Allsorts felt pocket calendar is very cute – maybe next year?
Chalkboard advent calendars tags – cute idea.
Buckets – this is a wild idea.
Felt advent calendar from the purl bee – so pretty.
Little paper cones – I love this idea too
Maya’s little houses countdown calendar is pretty awesome.
Martha’s matchbox countdown is a worthy contender.
Dee’s little boxes are cute – but might have to wait till next time.
I like this calendar tree from Paige – looks simple enough – but cute too.
eek – quick – time to get your advent calendars out from last year – or whip up a new one for this year. Noodlehead has a tutorial for making a cute sewn pocket advent calendar.
I totally love this, just love it. Now I just need to scrabble up 25 matchboxes by tomorrow…anyone? Link to idea.
This is so good. Link to tutorial.
its getting close – the time when you need to have your advent calendar up and running – the countdown starts soon … here are some ideas.
1. Fabric cones – filled with goodies for advent – from pickles [see pic above]
2. string of lights advent calendar pattern from elsie marley
3. The how, where, what and why of advent calendars from uncommon grace.
4. pickles snowing presents advent calendar
5. advent calendar kit from kristen doran
6. advent calendar pouches available from nuvonova etsy store
7. Maya’s recycled advent calendar
8. advent calendar sew-along with stockings pattern from craft apple
9. pink chalk studio’s house quilted advent calendar
10. these knitted stockings would make a fantastic advent calendar
11. get the kids to make their own advent calendar garland with these paper cones [see pic above]
12. gorgeous sewn calendar with tear off paper numbers [see pic above]
13. advent calendar creative process – and gorgeous finished result.
14. wooden spool advent calendar
15. Elizabeth’s quilted advent calendar tutorial at sew mama sew
16. cozy memories sewn pocket advent calendar
17. purl bee felt advent calendar tutorial
18. skip to my lou little birdie advent calendar tutorial and template.
19. strapped for time – try this simple little bag advent calendar
20. sweet shoes – advent calendar
21. I love these sewn up brown paper bags – advent calendar – this might be the go for us this year. [see pic above].
22. burlap stockings advent garland – love it
23. green kitchen – solstice calendar
24. paper notes advent calendar
25. wisecraft advent calendar
26. recycle bin advent calendar
27. buttons and linen advent calendar
28. advent calendar stockings
29. papiervalise stamped advent calendars
30. mini advent calendar tute