Are you a Harry Potter fan — Star wars, Doctor Who or sci-fi geek? Get some nerd knits on your sticks!
- Hermione hearts Ron (Harry Potter)(my daughter is wearing this hat in this pic)
- Tardis socks (Dr Who)
- Insulate (Dr Who) [pictured above]
- Jane Cobb hat (Firefly)
- Star wars knitting charts
- bmp (space invader socks)
Nerds and knitting seems to go hand in hand. Geeky crafts abound on the internet. You just have to look up nerd or geek on Ravelry or Etsy to see that.
Because Joan of Dark (a/k/a Toni Carr) is discussing her new book Knits for Nerds here tomorrow I thought I would get into the nerdy geeky knitting spirit a little bit first.
So you are a knitter and a nerd – a sci-fi or math or robotics geek – or your loved ones are anyway. And you want to knit what you love – something nerdy. Start by searching for nerd or geek on Ravelry. A whole slew of Dr Who and Computery type stuff comes up. Then narrow down your search with some more defined search terms like Harry Potter or Math. And you’ll find some cool things like these…
- Irrationally Constant Mittens by Lisa Stockebrand
- Cthulhuclava by Anne-Marie Dunbar
- Love Bytes (Robot Mittens) by Grace Schnebly
- Atomic Blocks: The Periodic Table by Alegria DaSilva
- Microprocessors by Heatherly Walker
- Doctor Who Scarf – Season 12 by Chris Brimelow
- Hermione’s Scarf by Freshisle Fibers
- The Oncoming Storm by Laura Isaac
- Fractal Cowl by Emily Peters
- #20 Pi Vest by Kate Williams
- Binary by Christine Dumoulin
- TARDIS Socks by Keladry Bonnett